- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you: - when you visit our Website; - when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase; - when you sign up for our newsletter; - when you contact us by phone, email or post; - when you engage with us on our social media platforms.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing the information described in clause 2.1 is your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com.
- When you visit our Website we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies: - “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. - “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. - “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
- Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our Website or in person at our pop-up stalls, we collect certain information from you, including your name, date of birth, billing address, shipping address, credit/debit card and other payment information, email address and phone number. Due to the nature of our business activity, we also collect additional information from you, including year of study, arrival and departure date. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
- When you contact us by email, phone or post or engage with us through social media, we collect certain information, including your social media usernames and details of your communication with us. We refer to this information as “Communication Information”.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We use the Personal Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders (including processing your payment information, arranging for delivery and collection, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use the Personal Information you provided us with to:
- communicate with you regarding your order;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- respond to your queries, comments and social media posts;
- ask you to take a survey or leave a review to improve our offer;
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information as described in clause 3.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store (read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy). We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our Website (read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/). You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We will not sell the information that you have given to us to any third party. We will not share your information with any third party for the purpose of marketing.
1. Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your
- Right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing- You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
2. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make any of the above requests.
3. Additionally, if you are residing in the European Union we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through our Website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Also, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- DATA RETENTION
- When you place an order through the Website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.